Short update

I am still on track with the diet. My symptoms have improved significantly in the last week or so. The most persistant one has been flatulences and stinky stools. I eased up on taking probiotics because I figured that with all the fiber I consume, I'm doing a good job at feeding my good gut bacteria. Most importantly, I go to the bathroom significantly less. I've lost a little bit more weight, now at around 182 lbs. Went to take my BP and was pretty astonished at how low it was compared to just a year ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BC85VCEGEjgfnv1AJFtf0__vZKnjNFdtPeebyk0/



I have almost completely moved away from animal products. The only exception in the last week or two has been a very small quantity of organic/free-range eggs/mayo, because I had already purchased them. But I no longer feel that it's necessary for me to consume animal products. I still have some canned wild salmon and mussels which I will definitely use at some point. I don't find these to upset my gut, but I'm still trying to consume them in very small quantities for overall health, due to their toxicity.

The only supplements I've been taking are a 1/3rd of a dose of a Multivitamin (Alive!) and one capsule of EPA/DHA/+D3 once a day or every other day (NutraSea).

Because I eat the same 5-6 meals constantly, I am a bit bored with the food, and I'm probably going to start looking through cookbooks to get at least 9 meals to alternate from.

Next step is re-introducing meditation into my life. I am a pretty mindful person already, I make it a habit to just be with myself whenever I have down time outside of home, but I want to set some time aside every day to sit and meditate properly because I think it will help.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I now self-identify as an Ostreovegan

The Beginning of a Journey